Bass, Berry & Sims and the Tennessee Hospital Association recently sponsored the Nashville Healthcare Fraud Conference, a full-day seminar offering insight into fraud and abuse enforcement issues within the healthcare industry. Panel discussions were focused on providing practical tips and takeaways for preparing for, responding to and resolving a healthcare fraud investigation. A variety of topics were covered including:
- Healthcare Fraud Year in Review: Where Do We Go From Here?
- Effectively Handling Employment Decisions Involving Whistleblowers
- What Every Compliance Officer Wishes the Legal Department Knew
- Mine Your Own Data: The Role of Data in Dealing with Healthcare Fraud Issues
- Revisiting Parallel Proceedings in Healthcare Fraud Cases
- Keynote Presentation: A View from the U.S. Attorneys
- Data Privacy Concerns and the Rising Occurrence of Audits
- Addressing Fraud & Abuse Issues in Healthcare Transactions
- In-House Counsel Perspective
- Getting Your Healthcare Fraud Case Resolved – An Interactive Case Study
Keynote remarks were offered by the U.S. Attorneys for the Middle, Eastern and Western Districts of Tennessee. The 2017 Nashville HCF Conference Brochure and the HCF Seminar 2017_Final PowerPoint are both available online.